PDA

View Full Version : Reveals-Multiple items in a profile

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 05:04 PM
Is it possible to create a profile family that would contain multiple reveals?

I need a profile that contains reveals stacked on top of each other that will be separated by the wall material (bricks). Since this occurs on multiple floors in my building I would prefer to not add the reveals individually to the wall type.

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-20, 06:00 PM
Trying to understand the question

You want to do this so you dont have to add in the profile multiple times in the wall type??? Is this the reason?

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-20, 06:19 PM
If you want to show multiple reveals just keep adding the linework in your profile. see attached for an example. I hope I am reading the question right.

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 07:24 PM
That is exactly what I want to do however I can't get the multiple reveals to work when I copy the first reveal up on my original attempt. I took your sample and copied it vertically so there are 4 reveals equally spaced and it seems to work on rectilinear walls.

However, I can't get the multiple reveals (2 or more) to work between curved walls & straight walls. I have posted this on another thread which is being addressed by autodesk.

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-20, 07:41 PM
Hmm I just tried it and it worked for me. With that being said the hatch does suck pretty bad in the revel through the curve. did I recreate what you are trying to do??

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-20, 07:45 PM
wow the rendering is even more of an issue the reveal worked but the hatching on the rendering is crazy:screwy:

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 07:56 PM
Not quite. I can create the reveals on curved walls when they are alone. The problem arises when I trim a curved wall to a straight wall. Both walls are the same type so they contain the same reveals. The reveals disppear on the model however when you highlight the walls you can see them.

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-20, 08:17 PM
I must be doing something different. Mine cleans up fine after trim. see the before and after I trim the walls

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-20, 08:39 PM
Ahh now I see your problem outside corners work fine it is the inside corners that have the problem. that is why mine worked they were both outside corners. sorry if I gave you false hope. here is what happens when I do a inside wall.

Hey there is some light at the end here is my workaround. After the error I mitered the corner and stretched back the profile, and it fixed the reveal issue. kind of a work around but at least the reveals work.

I hope I at least get an A for effort ha ha

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 09:03 PM
Definitely an A+ for effort. However, my outside corner just doesn't work. If you take a look at my original file (see attached), try to trim the corner. It could be the radius is too large???

Actually the autodesk help suggested pulling the reveals of the straight walls past the end of the curved wall.