PDA

View Full Version : Schedules: Two Mark Columns, One Each Side

tenpennydesign
2006-01-20, 11:36 PM
I am currently working on a door schedule, i would like the field 'Mark' to appear in both the first and last column. Can anyone tell me how i could accomplish this?

Matt Brennan
2006-01-20, 11:58 PM
You could always create another parameter and change it to type or even an instance. The only con to this is the fact that you will have to make a change twice to the door/window mark. But it will allow you to place the mark at the beginning and the end of the schedule.

I have attached a jpeg to help better explain myself. If anyone Else has a better idea, please let me know. I hope this works.

Enjoy the weekend,

Scott D Davis
2006-01-21, 12:08 AM
Make a new parameter called "Mark2" and in it's value field, set it to =Mark

Then Mark2 will always equal Mark and they can be different columns

Matt Brennan
2006-01-21, 12:19 AM

ahh **** why didn't I think of that. TGIF!!!

Good one Scott,

twiceroadsfool
2006-01-21, 02:19 AM

I second this one...

Now go fix my skylight!!! : )-

Steve_Stafford
2006-01-21, 02:36 AM
Sorry I don't think that will work...can't include a non numerical field or parameter in a formula. I posted a method for this way back when we worked at the same firm, assuming the "tenpennydesign" I know is the same as this one. Here is the THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=942)

sbrown
2006-01-21, 02:53 AM
Duplicate the schedule and remove all fields except mark, turn off title and place it next to the other one.

tenpennydesign
2006-01-21, 04:45 AM
I was hoping that i would not have to do the shortcut and create a second schedule. That was my gut reaction. Thanks for the help!

I tried to set the 'Mark 2' = Mark and the program only allows for numaric fields to be used in formulas... Gherr!

Well, i guess this is something for the wish list.

Thanks Steve for the link to the old thread. i tried to find it but was unsuccessful!

-Jill

Scott D Davis
2006-01-21, 07:01 AM
I tried to set the 'Mark 2' = Mark and the program only allows for numaric fields to be used in formulas... Gherr!
well shoot. i should have known that! sorry for steering you down the wrong road!

sbrown
2006-01-21, 01:57 PM
I wonder if you can overlap the 2nd schedule with the first so it looks like its part of the first. Stretch the last column of your first schedule out so when your drag your mark schedule over it it looks seemless.

Steve_Stafford
2006-01-21, 03:07 PM
Scott,

The link in my earlier reply is for a thread that explains how to do this. Incidentally, you replied to that thread too :wink: but it WAS August 2003!