PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load custom pulldown menu

jschroeder.98447
2006-01-21, 04:11 PM
I''ve upgraded from 2002 to 2006 and I'm trying to tranfer my custom menus from 2002. I've used the CUI editor using the transfer tab and on the right I've opened my old file. On the left I've opened the acad.cui file (because I want to retain the defaut menu items, I just want to add my custom menu items in addition to those). I've dragged and dropped the files over right to left and then saved the left hand cui under a new name. When I click OK, the new menus haven't loaded. If I type MENULOAD and browse for the the cui file and try to load it says "Unable to load customization file ... that Customization Group name already existes"

Where am I going wrong? Where are my files?

Glenn Pope
2006-01-21, 06:57 PM
Look at your workspaces. You have to manually add these menus to the current workspace and any other workspace you want to create.

Steve Johnson
2006-01-23, 02:56 AM
Yup, workspaces will allow you to fix it, but you may be better off ignoring the Transfer tab and doing it all with MENULOAD. If I were starting from scratch and just wanted to add a partial menu to the standard AutoCAD one, I would just MENULOAD it in. The menus should then automatically appear. It may still be simpler for you to restore the original acad.cui and do so. You could just use MENULOAD to unload what you've done and load it back in again, but this may or not work, depending on how AutoCAD is feeling today. Oh, and make sure you keep safe manual backups of everything. That means incremental backups at every stage, before and after you do anything with 2006 menus, of both the main and partial menus. Unlike earlier releases, when you add a partial menu, you are now also modifying the main menu.

jschroeder.98447
2006-01-23, 02:33 PM
You'll have to bear with me as I'm brand new to 2006. How do I manually add my menu to the current work space?

RobertB
2006-01-23, 06:48 PM
Select the workspace in the CUI editor, hit the Modify button on the right pane, check the desired menus on the left pane, organize into the desired order on the right pane.

philh
2006-12-28, 03:18 AM
Try the MenuLoad utility at http://www.contractcaddgroup.com/articles/menuload.htm

rkmcswain
2006-12-28, 01:53 PM
If I type MENULOAD and browse for the the cui file and try to load it says "Unable to load customization file ... that Customization Group name already existes"

IMO - Forget all that other stuff about the CUI. Open your old 2002 menu and change the MENUGROUP name. This will be at the top of the menu file and look something like this:

MENUGROUP=ACAD

Change this to something like

MENUGROUP=JSCHROEDER

Save the mnu/mns file and then load it into your 2006 using ._MENULOAD. Your old menu will become a partial CUI menu. Keep it this way. There is no need or desire to add/mix in your menu items into the stock ACAD.CUI.