PDA

View Full Version : Array's > 200

Chad Smith
2006-01-22, 10:03 PM
After finding out the other day (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=32073) that I couldn't enter a dim value large than 914400, today I now find that I can't use an array value larger than 200.
It's only linework so there aren't large complex objects to slow the system down, which is why I'm guessing the limit is in place. Maybe a warning might be a better option?

I'm starting to find Revit very restrictive when it comes to large scale projects.

sbrown
2006-01-22, 10:13 PM
I do very large complex projects in revit and it can bog down, linework actually may bog down revit more than geometry. Maybe try a filled region with equal spaced lines if you need something with 200 lines all the same.

Chad Smith
2006-01-22, 10:22 PM
I'm laying a whole lot of railway track today. Filled Regions would normally work fine, but don't work when it comes to curves.
What I want to do is still able to be done, it's just that more steps are now required.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-01-22, 11:36 PM
You could create a family of the tracks composed of 25 railway ties (or 50, 500 or whatever works with the track configuration you have) and nest that into another family that has the array parameter. That way you could get up to 40,000 (200 x 200) elements using arrays in both, pretty much unlimited if you made the nested version by copying and, I would guess, alot more efficiency in the database.

If these elements don't need to be modeled you could use a repeating detail.
If modeling is required you could also explore the railing tool. That way you could also add a railway car at regularly spaced intervals too :grin:

fernando
2006-01-23, 12:14 AM
i create a railing family to draw railways,
it work fines, in curves and straigth lines

2 railings 1 balauster, and voilá

Mr Spot
2006-01-23, 02:02 AM
i create a railing family to draw railways,
it work fines, in curves and straigth lines

2 railings 1 balauster, and voilá

Railing idea sounds the best. Good idea. :!: