PDA

View Full Version : 3d lineweights

sfaust
2004-04-05, 07:02 PM
Our office has recently started doing some small Hidden Line vignette's on our cd's since revit has the capability to do this quickly and easily and it (hopefully) give the contractor a better grasp on the final project. However, it seems that everything on these 3d drawings comes out as lineweight 1. Is there a way to change that?

sbrown
2004-04-05, 08:05 PM
Well I thought the projection lineweight controlled it, but just did a test and you can change the color but not the lineweight so you are correct you can't do it without adjusting your number 1 pen weight to be heavier, but this would effect all your views.

GuyR
2004-04-05, 08:34 PM
Are you using phases? If so it might have something to do with your phase filters.

Guy

aggockel50321
2004-04-05, 09:12 PM
If you take your 3D view, place it on a sheet, & then export it to .dwg or .dgn, You'll get a 2d (flattened) representation with all the lines, hatches, etc, assigned to layers per Revits export template.

You can then either re-import the .dwg to a drafting view, and then go to object properties to assign lineweights & colors to layers.

Or you can open it in any competing cad package that can read the file...

sfaust
2004-04-05, 10:29 PM
yeah, I could do that, and I may have to. I could also do the same with an image file, but that would require updating the image or cad file when the design changes. I was hoping to avoid that...

sbrown
2004-04-05, 10:55 PM
I think this would make a good wishlist item, perspective view lineweight added to the projection/cut choices. Projection should be the default.