PDA

View Full Version : MText edit dialog box comes up rotated

kwdsku
2006-01-23, 05:45 PM
I just switched to Civil 3D 2006. When editing an mtext, the dialog box comes up with the mtext in the position it's rotated in (it's rotated for VP reasons). While it may seem useful to see exactly where the text is going, my ability to read/edit sideways or upside-down is not that great. Is there a setting to bring up the mtext dialog box to read normally for editing?

Wanderer
2006-01-23, 05:53 PM
I just switched to Civil 3D 2006. When editing an mtext, the dialog box comes up with the mtext in the position it's rotated in (it's rotated for VP reasons). While it may seem useful to see exactly where the text is going, my ability to read/edit sideways or upside-down is not that great. Is there a setting to bring up the mtext dialog box to read normally for editing?using search for mtext rotated (http://forums.augi.com/search.php?searchid=375342) you'll see this has come up a few times...

'mtext vertical text' (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=21484&highlight=mtext+rotated)described how to configure an external editor, as well as code for a simple toggle to switch MTextEd between OldEditor and Internal. good luck finding the solution that works for you.

rkmcswain
2006-01-23, 06:13 PM
I just switched to Civil 3D 2006. When editing an mtext, the dialog box comes up with the mtext in the position it's rotated in (it's rotated for VP reasons). While it may seem useful to see exactly where the text is going, my ability to read/edit sideways or upside-down is not that great. Is there a setting to bring up the mtext dialog box to read normally for editing?

Type in MTEXTED, set it to OLDEDITOR.

For the old TEXT editor, set DTEXTED to 1

kwdsku
2006-01-23, 07:46 PM
Beautiful! Just the way I like it. Thank you very much!

rkmcswain
2006-01-23, 08:51 PM
Beautiful! Just the way I like it. Thank you very much!

Glad you like it.

FYI: that is for all 2006 products (AFAIK) - that is not just a C3D thing.

Have a good one.