PDA

View Full Version : Toposurface (50ft High and rising)

Paul P.
2004-04-05, 08:15 PM
I’m trying to create a toposurface for the first time really (I’ve only played about with it a bit in the past) and I’m having some trouble with the topo floating about fifty meters or so above where I want it.

I presume that this has something to do with the information in the Acad survey drawing, but I’m not to what (or how to sort it out)

Anyone got any suggestions or advice.

Regards, Paul.

aggockel50321
2004-04-05, 09:22 PM
If you are creating the topo from imorted contours, go to an elevation view or cut a section thru the contours, & see where it lies.

Once the topo is created from the data, you can also go to an elevation view, highlight the topo, and move (drag) it down. If you know you have to drop it a known distance, use the move command & tell it how much.

Then go back to a plan view, highlight the surface & pick edit. Select a node, & you'll see that it has changed to the new elevation.

Yman
2004-04-05, 09:22 PM
Go ahead and create the topo surface like you already have it. Then go to a section view and grab the topo and start the move tool. Now move it down 50 meters and it will be where you need it.

My cad files from engineers are always about 4,000 ft higher than what I have in Revit, of course we are between 4,000 and 5,000 ft high and I draw everything in at 100 ft in Revit, so you just move it down and done.

Y

beegee
2004-04-05, 09:28 PM
Hi Paul,

There are a number of ways of dealing with this.

I often prefer to keep the topo where it is, so that I can easily swap out to other survey or civil drawings using that base.

To do this, ...
Lock your levels in relation to each other, using a dimension string and locking that.
Then change the level of one level to a known height related to your topo.

ie if your lowest level is 0.0 and you know that the actual level related to your topo is 100.750, change the floor level to that in an elevation or section view. The model will relocate to the correct height in relation to the topo.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-04-05, 11:39 PM
Have a look at shared coordinates in the help file.

I always model at project elevation 0' 0" and use the relocate this project tool to move the shared coordinates up to where they should be and tell the elevations to report shared location.

or.....

model the site in a separate file and link in the building, locate it where you need it, publish coordinates, link site model into building model, it should locate where you want it. (you may to acquire coords)

Paul P.
2004-04-06, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the reply's, I'm going to see what I can do with it today. I'll let you know what I did to solve it.