PDA

View Full Version : Learning Revit Structure

dgriessmann.86073
2006-01-24, 03:40 AM
Anyone have any links to training books, online tutorial, etc. covering how to learn this software package?

sjsl
2006-01-24, 03:59 AM
Have you checked out the tutorials it comes with under Help? It is very much like the plain Revit version w/more horsepower and the regular Revit version has a good basic structural tutorial with steel framing. There are currently no boobs or vbooks that I am aware of for Revit Structure.

Tom Weir
2006-01-24, 04:26 PM
Hi,
Last year I wrote the Autodesk Official Training Coursware for Revit Structure Essentials. It is a process based approach with 30 lessons that takes the user from BIM concepts, to starting a project, through to publishing construction documents.

The lessons are about 30 minutes each, with exercises. Although this courseware is designed to be used as a teaching tool for instructor-led courses, it can also be used for self-paced learning. If you contact your authorized training center they can help you set up classes, or buy it and you can always field your questions here on-line, and I will be happy to help you out.

Here is the site where you can find it:
http://estore.autodesk.com/dr/sat1/ec_Main.Entry17C?SID=19515&SP=10023&CID=0&PID=769527&PN=1&V1=769527&CUR=840&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

There are also on-line e-learning lessons that we have prepared from the essentials courseware, but I am not sure that they are quite available yet. And I think you need to be under subscription to access them. Anybody seen them anywhere?

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

Tom Weir
2006-01-24, 05:39 PM
I tracked down the e-learning lessons (thanks to some help from Sheila Mason at Autodesk):
She says:
The lessons are on the Subscription server.
This is the link I use: http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/. Then I get redirected, log in, and am presented with a list of e-Learning catalogs. I click on Autodesk Revit Structure, and the attached image shows the lessons from RS2.