PDA

View Full Version : curtain wall door rotation

zach.emmingham
2006-01-24, 07:37 PM
when i insert revit's curtain wall door into a curtain wall panel that i have created, it is rotated the wrong way, with the hinges at the door head. i tried rotating the door in the family file, which makes the door appear correctly in elevation, but the door swing symbol shows in the section & not the plan.

any ideas? thank you.

Matt Brennan
2006-01-24, 08:03 PM
First select the door (using your tab key), and then hit your spacebar. This change the direction of the door. If you have any problems, let me know.

zach.emmingham
2006-01-24, 08:37 PM
thanks but the space bar only flips the door. my doors are actually rotated, with their hinges at the top / head and the door handle at the sill / threshold. i might an error with my curtain wall.

Matt Brennan
2006-01-24, 08:42 PM
thanks but the space bar only flips the door. my doors are actually rotated, with their hinges at the top / head and the door handle at the sill / threshold. i might an error with my curtain wall.

Can you please post the curtain door family? I or someone Else might be able to take a look at it. It could be something in the family with the constraints but before I come to that conclusion, I will want to take a look at the door family.

zach.emmingham
2006-01-24, 11:37 PM
i think that these are all out-of-the-box, but they come into my curtain wall rotated.

thanks.

Matt Brennan
2006-01-24, 11:50 PM
Works fine on my end. Check the properties of your curtain wall. They may be something in there that needs to be changed. But I will keep my ears open.

David Haynes
2006-01-29, 07:11 PM
I have redone the issue. Curtain wall doors seem to work okay in storefronts and curtain walls, but not in curtain systems (via mass modeling). See attached.

David Haynes
2006-01-29, 07:15 PM
Apparently it is a known issue.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=29043&highlight=rotated