PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Members!!!!

christopher.zoog51272
2004-04-06, 01:40 PM
Well gang, in a little less than a year, we have reached 1000 members. When we started I never thought we would hit this number so soon. However, what impresses me more than the number members or even the amount of posts, is the high quality of the discussions here. Members are all very willing to help each other solve problems, discover new ways of working, and offer constructive criticism when needed. In my honest opinion, this is why the forum is so successful

I would like to thank our dedicated staff of moderators, whose watchful has kept us on course, the Autodesk Revit team, who’s consistent level of interaction in a user sponsored forum is unmatched in the industry, and of course, the 1000 plus Revit enthusiasts who frequent this little slice of the web. Without you, there would be no forum.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce our week long anniversary celebration! On April 28th the Revit discussion forum at Zoogdesign.com will turn 1 year old. To celebrate this momentous occasion we will sponsor a several contests (with prizes), and a Magic Moment promotion on the 28th. At random moments of the day on April 28th we will take a “snap shot” of all the users currently logged in, we will then draw a winner from that list. Winners will receive a Revit prize pack valued at over $40!!! Stay tuned over the next couple weeks for an official announcement.

Thanks again,

Chris

bclarch
2004-04-06, 03:15 PM
Chris,

Thanks to you and the moderators for your collective efforts in making this forum such a valuable resource. I can only imagine how much time and effort you guys put in behind the scenes. It is truly appreciated.

Scott D Davis
2004-04-06, 03:58 PM
First of all, a huge round of applause for Chris Zoog for building this site in the first place!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Next: Congrats to everyone who is a member of this community!

Here's a quote from me, May 6, 2003:

The Zoogdesign Forum is up to 65 members already! This thing is really starting to take off.

What do you think we should do for the "milestone" members.....100, 500, 1000! Can we get 1000 members? That would be incredible.

Well, with #100 rapidly approaching, is there anything we can do to celebrate 100 members status?

I can't believe we have reached 1000 members already! As I looked through the newest 50 members, I noticed they have a combined post count of 23! :shock: I know myself, beegee, steve stafford, gregcashen, and Peter J do alot of the talking around here, but we want more of you to participate!

Now, everyone knows what makes this community so great? The fact that EVERYONE can share! So come on now everyone - new members, old members - post new questions, and add to those topics already under discussion. The more who participate, the better Zoogdesign will become as a resource for Revit information!

Remember, there are no 'dumb questions'! Ask anything even if you are brand new to Revit, or a veteran.

Thanks again for being here!

PeterJ
2004-04-06, 04:23 PM
I know myself, beegee, steve stafford, gregcashen, and Peter J do alot of the talking around here, but we want more of you to participate!

Way too much talking in fact.

This isn't meant to be a club for a few members, all 1,000 of you should be participating, if there was enough of interest here to make you register instead of just lurking then there ought to be an answer to any question you care to pose, if not from a user then from a member of Autodesk staff.

Come on, get posting.

beegee
2004-04-06, 09:29 PM
Congratulations Chris, "Masterdesign" ( #1000), the mod/admin team, and all 1000+ members.

This forum rocks. :!:

Scott D Davis
2004-04-06, 09:31 PM
Hey we got a name for Masterdesign? Cool! Do we have any more info on our 1000th member?

Scott Hopkins
2004-04-06, 09:54 PM
Peter,

I agree with you. Looking over the member list, I was surprised to see that less than half of the registered members have actually participated. I wonder if this ratio is pretty typical of most web forums.

beegee
2004-04-06, 10:21 PM
Peter,

I agree with you. Looking over the member list, I was surprised to see that less than half of the registered members have actually participated. I wonder if this ratio is pretty typical of most web forums.

I think its generally par for these sorts of forums and ngs.

Some very small elite forums have high participation ratios since they were set up by a dedicated group of enthusiasts.

funkman
2004-04-06, 11:18 PM
Thanks to the zoogster for building this forum! 8) My morning cup of coffee would be dreadfully lonely without being able to read all the members posts from overnight.

As an extremely low level computerdyte, the help I have received here has been fantastic. Thanks to all who have given help and offered suggestions/ideas/wishlists.

I have learned so much also by just reading other topics and understanding the workings of the software.

And the level of intellect is a breath of fresh air rather than dealing with low life Councillors and council staff!! Keep up the great work, it is very much appreciated.

Scott Hopkins
2004-04-07, 12:06 AM
One more interesting figure:

Roughly a third of all the posts on ZoogDesign are from the top 5 posters alone! :shock:

and I think half of those posts are located in some backroom soccer discussion..... :roll: :lol:

beegee
2004-04-07, 12:26 AM
and I think half of those posts are located in some backroom soccer discussion..... :roll: :lol:

Blasphemy !

wfdesigns
2004-04-07, 01:19 AM
Congratulations to Zoogdesign, the moderators and all the Revit guru's for making this place the best resource for quality info.

The Zoogdesign Forum is up to 65 members already! This thing is really starting to take off.

What do you think we should do for the "milestone" members.....100, 500, 1000! Can we get 1000 members? That would be incredible.

Well, with #100 rapidly approaching, is there anything we can do to celebrate 100 members status?

1000 members didn't seem too hard, any friendly wagers for the release date of the 1500th member :?:
I say September 17!

Again, Thanks to all

Paul P.
2004-04-07, 07:43 AM
Just like everyone else on this site are thinking, a big congratulations to Chris Zoog, the forum moderators and you serial posters.
(insert applause)

Scott wrote:

I know myself, beegee, steve stafford, gregcashen, and Peter J do alot of the talking around here

At times I wonder if some of you have any work to do (especially the man with the dancing penguines-beegee :D ) only joking, you guy's make this site what it is so please dont stop (and eveyone else who contributes) because you enable people like me to learn and understand Revit that little bit more. (alot more infact)

And I'll try and post many more of the stupid quetsions that I have in the future.

Once again thank's.

Regards, Paul.

Kroke
2004-04-07, 08:09 AM
Do I get a cookie for being the first registered member? :D

Congrats Zoog and all reviteers...

PeterJ
2004-04-07, 08:14 AM
At times I wonder if some of you have any work to do (especially the man with the dancing penguines-beegee :D )

I make three grand a year and live in a cardboard box (nicely rendered at the approval stage), Beegee and Scott sponge off their wives, Chris sponges off Noah, Steve is independently wealthy and Greg I'm not sure about.

bmadsen
2004-04-07, 03:17 PM
I would like to thank our dedicated staff of moderators, whose watchful has kept us on course, the Autodesk Revit team, who’s consistent level of interaction in a user sponsored forum is unmatched in the industry, and of course, the 1000 plus Revit enthusiasts who frequent this little slice of the web. Without you, there would be no forum.

Well said, CZ, and thanks to you for your vision and persistence. Some thought about it. Some meant to do it. YOU did it.