PDA

View Full Version : Scaling Text

craighowie
2006-01-25, 10:21 AM
Hi there is there a way to allow for your text to change proportionally when you change the scale of a view instead of the size of the text staying the same size? For example I am changing plans that I have drawn at 1:100 to 1:200! The 1:200 drawing is a mess of text, dimensions and tags that are too big for the view! Is there a quicker way of doing the scaling without having to go duplicate and change text, dimension or tag families?

Thanks
Craig Howie

luigi
2006-01-25, 10:45 AM
Hi there is there a way to allow for your text to change proportionally when you change the scale of a view instead of the size of the text staying the same size? For example I am changing plans that I have drawn at 1:100 to 1:200! The 1:200 drawing is a mess of text, dimensions and tags that are too big for the view! Is there a quicker way of doing the scaling without having to go duplicate and change text, dimension or tag families?

Thanks
Craig Howie
No there is no way to do that. The way the text works is the way one would put all the text in the paperspace model of autocad (we used to do this so that the text would always be the correct size, as our standard was 3/32")

The solution you posted is the only way I know of doing it. The only thing I can add, just to be accurate, maybe that is the same process you meant; to create the new size for text, dimension and tag families. Then select all text, and change to the new one, and do the same for the dimensions and tag families. (selecting all then change type).

Peace,