PDA

View Full Version : Matchline / View techiniques

c_whitmore
2006-01-25, 02:57 PM
I'm working with a pretty large project. (it takes 10 30x42 sheets just to show the 1st floor) I'm curious how everyone works with projects this large and how they use matchlines.

I'm new to Revit, moving from ADT and I want to split the views up. I want to run by what I was going to do and hopefully you can help me so that I don't stray very far.

1. I'm keeping my standard level drawings that are my overalls and have my matchlines.
2. I'm creating copys of the level then adjusting the view boundry to "clip" what I want to see.
3. Attaching the individual views to the sheet.

I don't know if I'm on the right track here or not. Hopefully you can help.

Also, is there a way to "clip" the view other than just a rectangle?

thanks,
crw

rodneyf
2006-01-25, 03:04 PM
It sound like you are right on track with your project. We do exactly the same thing and have not really had a problem. So go forward and enjoy.

c_whitmore
2006-01-25, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to konw how to clip the view at angles other than the rectangle?

Steve_Stafford
2006-01-25, 03:42 PM
Rectangle only at this time.

Are you using gridlines for matchlines? I find they work for them pretty well, just make a new gridline type that doesn't use a grid bubble, alter the linetype, color etc. Also, number them so they don't interfere with real grid numbering. They show up automatically in views just like grids.

Then you can add some annotation on your views to indicate what other sheets to refer to, though this part doesn't get coordinate except through "old school"...

c_whitmore
2006-01-25, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the tip. i was just using lines but i think the Grids will work much better.