PDA

View Full Version : Snaps on a sheet

c_whitmore
2006-01-25, 04:04 PM
I'm working with a multi story hotel and I want my building in the same location on each sheet. Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to snap to any points of the view when it's on the sheet.

thanks,
crw

kpaxton
2006-01-25, 06:25 PM
This is a Wish-list item. As a work-around... you can place invisible lines in your Titleblock Template, place your view, then align a common wall, reference plane or gridline to these lines. Nothing is automatic at this point, other than auto alignment of two or more views on a sheet, so the Align command won't work - it's all visual. At least you've got guidelines :)

In 8.1 - If you have a titleblock already loaded,

Go to a sheet view and select the titleblock.
In the Options bar, select the Edit Family Button.
Add your invisible lines where you need them
On the left, in the Family Bar, select Load into Project.
Place your views.
Hope this helps,
Kyle

c_whitmore
2006-01-25, 07:22 PM
Thanks Kyle,
Thats actually what I'm doing now. I've just been "eye-balling" it to make it work. You wouldn't happen to know how to make text show up on the sheet but not print would you. like grid numbers that are in my title block family. I make them invisible in the family but then they go away in the sheet

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-01-26, 11:36 AM
I posted a tip on this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=25195&highlight=work+plane+visibility)

I use the "Work Plane Visibility" in the title block view. By turning this on I have a common grid to work to, thru' all title blocks. You still have to wing it slightly, by moving a corner of the building to a grid intersection.

You can get it as close as dammit with this simple method.