PDA

View Full Version : Revit error message...?

aaronrumple
2006-01-25, 05:03 PM
Who gave the Revit guys a thesaurus?

"Multiple dominating mullions on a grid face may cause ambiguous automatic adjustment of margins."

DanielleAnderson
2006-01-25, 05:21 PM
Sounds like some sort of serious inter-galactic problem, doesn't it? Perhaps that is how they got the death star to implode.

lev.lipkin
2006-01-25, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the catch. I'll talk to responsible developer to find understandable message.

Most likely, developer tried to alert the user that curtain wall was asked to provide equal size panels, but mullions along one grid are of different shape. Thus such goal might not be achievable.

I am not sure if your model really contains such condition. Can you post simplified rvt file?

Thanks.

neb1998
2006-01-25, 06:51 PM
I have seen that message, you trying to unlock certain mullions on a storefront while leaving others with the inherent rules still applied?

Believe thats what caused it in the past.

DaveP
2006-01-25, 06:52 PM
Perhaps that is how they got the death star to implode.
Nope, Sorry, ADT is still out there.

tamas
2006-01-25, 07:03 PM
I guess people asked for more descriptive error messages... :-)

See thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=19456

Tamas

frame
2006-01-25, 07:54 PM
I suspect that if you built a death star model and applied a curtain system to it, such ambiguities might arise. At the margins of existence, beware of dominating mullions.

bowlingbrad
2006-01-25, 07:55 PM
Who gave the Revit guys a thesaurus?

"Multiple dominating mullions on a grid face may cause ambiguous automatic adjustment of margins."

It's so obvious what Aaron did wrong... wink

DanielleAnderson
2006-01-25, 07:59 PM
Synonyms for Ambiguous:
cryptic, doubtful, dubious, enigmatic, enigmatical, equivocal, inconclusive, indefinite, indeterminate, inexplicit, obscure, opaque, puzzling, questionable, tenebrous, uncertain, unclear, unintelligible, vague

Synonyms for Dominating:
assertive, authoritarian, autocratic, commanding, confident, decisive, dictatorial, doctrinaire, dogmatic, dominating, imperative, imperious, imposing, masterly, officious, peremptory, powerhouse, self-assured

Does that clear things up?

kpaxton
2006-01-25, 08:04 PM
Synonyms for Ambiguous:
cryptic, doubtful, dubious, enigmatic, enigmatical, equivocal, inconclusive, indefinite, indeterminate, inexplicit, obscure, opaque, puzzling, questionable, tenebrous, uncertain, unclear, unintelligible, vague

Synonyms for Dominating:
assertive, authoritarian, autocratic, commanding, confident, decisive, dictatorial, doctrinaire, dogmatic, dominating, imperative, imperious, imposing, masterly, officious, peremptory, powerhouse, self-assured

Does that clear things up?
Yeah... You're describing my EX-WIFE :D

-kyle

cosmickingpin
2006-01-25, 08:14 PM
Not if you disable the tractor beam first, Ben usually does that... But be sure to shut off all the garbage compactors on the detention level too, that can mess up a curtain wall bad.

I suspect that if you built a death star model and applied a curtain system to it, such ambiguities might arise. At the margins of existence, beware of dominating mullions.

DaveP
2006-01-25, 10:04 PM
I guess people asked for more descriptive error messages... :-)

I've got a user that's been getting the polar opposite of Aaron's message lately:
"File not saved."
That's it, no other hint as to what's wrong or, for that matter which file. Just "File not saved."

Support has been able to get to the root problem, either. I've tired reinstalling, switching network ports, checking the Event log, resetting Security, re-copying the Central file.... Everything Support & I can think of and still - once in a while, but not always... "File not saved.:

Maybe it's a Zen thing.

DanielleAnderson
2006-01-25, 11:43 PM
I've got a user that's been getting the polar opposite of Aaron's message lately:
"File not saved."
That's it, no other hint as to what's wrong or, for that matter which file. Just "File not saved."

Support has been able to get to the root problem, either. I've tired reinstalling, switching network ports, checking the Event log, resetting Security, re-copying the Central file.... Everything Support & I can think of and still - once in a while, but not always... "File not saved.:

Maybe it's a Zen thing.

Yah, I get a lot of "roof couldn't be cut". Gee, thanks...now what? Maybe I have to decifer it with the Force--feel what is wrong. (I'm enjoying this Star Wars thing today)

Scott D Davis
2006-01-26, 03:41 AM
<mysterious voice from no apparent direction> Danielle, let go your conscious self.

DanielleAnderson
2006-01-26, 05:02 PM
<looks around> Scott Kenobi? Are you there?

Scott D Davis
2006-01-27, 01:50 AM
Yes, my young apprentice.....