PDA

View Full Version : Arraying Text in Dynamic Blocks

Chris.Partin
2006-01-25, 05:17 PM
I have this dynamic block for calling out steps in my wall footing. I've got everything working the way I want it other than the text that tells what the elevation is a each step. Is there a way to have the text array, but also have it where you can edit it after arraying the block?

I've attached the block in hopes that someone can help.

Thanks in advance!

Chris.N
2006-01-26, 02:31 PM
I have this dynamic block for calling out steps in my wall footing. I've got everything working the way I want it other than the text that tells what the elevation is a each step. Is there a way to have the text array, but also have it where you can edit it after arraying the block?

I've attached the block in hopes that someone can help.

Thanks in advance!depending on how many steps are usually used in a row, i'd use visibility states (1 step, 2 steps, etc.) and then use attributes. label the addtional ones to match the vis states. they won't be available to edit unless they are visible. Also, depending on spacing, you could also build in a stretch btwn steps so you're not locked into a set dist btwn steps, and you could preset/change in properties.

Chris.Partin
2006-01-26, 02:34 PM
depending on how many steps are usually used in a row, i'd use visibility states (1 step, 2 steps, etc.) and then use attributes. label the addtional ones to match the vis states. they won't be available to edit unless they are visible. Also, depending on spacing, you could also build in a stretch btwn steps so you're not locked into a set dist btwn steps, and you could preset/change in properties.
I didn't think about doing it like that, but that could work. We always use 2'-0" steps for visual reference anyway. I'll try that and see how it works.

Thank!

Chris.N
2006-01-26, 03:52 PM
I didn't think about doing it like that, but that could work. We always use 2'-0" steps for visual reference anyway. I'll try that and see how it works.

Thank!i've helped with our foundation plans myself..... it's always nice to bounce stuff off of other noggins, isn't it!
Your Very Welcome, and don't forget to Share (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28359)! ;)