PDA

View Full Version : Surface pattern overrides - Roof materials

PeterJ
2004-04-06, 04:28 PM
I would like to get a roof surface fill pattern to show as a dotted line rather than a continuous line, but I only want this to happen in elevation. Is there a way of assigning a linetype to a fill pattern or do I need to create a slightly random dash fill pattern and then use this as my material surface pattern but override with a solid line version of the fill pattern in plan.

I am not sure it is possible to over-ride the surface fill in the View/Graphics dialogue.

Any thoughts?

beegee
2004-04-07, 04:10 AM
Firstly no, at present you can't assign a linetype to a fill pattern.

Secondly, here is one way of doing it:-

1. Assign your model surface pattern to the roof, so you get the roof plan
working the way you want it.

2. Go to the elevation view and use an opaque drafting pattern of vertical lines to cover the roof. Tweak the lineweight as desired.

3. Now place another drafting pattern over the first one using horizontal lines and setting it to transparent and making the lines white. Tweak the line weight of that pattern to achieve the desired dashed linework effect.

Will look something like this ....

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1989

PeterJ
2004-04-07, 08:09 AM
Thanks, will take a look at this.

sfaust
2004-04-07, 02:38 PM
you could also make a custom model pattern with a series of dashed lines, couldn't you? haven't tried it, but it seems like that would work.

PeterJ
2004-04-07, 04:11 PM
I had thought out the work-arounds, I was just looking for a quick solution. Thanks for the suggestions.