PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a line to not print in REVIT

Chirag Mistry
2006-01-26, 08:23 PM
Well I am trying to do something that a Defpoint layer does in AutoCAD. I want a linetype that I can see (not invisible lines), but it should not print. Seems like this would be easy to do...any clues ?

aaronrumple
2006-01-26, 08:31 PM
Well I am trying to do something that a Defpoint layer does in AutoCAD. I want a linetype that I can see (not invisible lines), but it should not print. Seems like this would be easy to do...any clues ?
Reference planes.

There is no non-print object. This is a WYSIWYG application. You can make a white linestyle, but then you can't see it on the screen....

Chirag Mistry
2006-01-26, 08:42 PM
Ok I created couple of reference lines in the titleblock family and I load that in a project. I can;t see those reference lines. I have checked all the visibilty settings and reference lines in on...how can I see those lines.

Scott D Davis
2006-01-26, 08:50 PM
They will pre-highlight when you hover over them

Chirag Mistry
2006-01-26, 09:06 PM
nope does'nt work...any other ideas

Scott D Davis
2006-01-26, 09:09 PM
oops sorry. You have to have a tool activated that will use the Ref Lines, such as the Align tool....then they show up when hovering over them.

aaronrumple
2006-01-26, 09:11 PM
If you want a line that will highlight in a titleblock when you hover - use an invisible line. These will be both snappable and visible on hover.