PDA

View Full Version : Lost Import!

swissclive54638
2006-01-27, 12:19 PM
At some stage I've imported a DWG file into Revit. I thought I'd deleted it, but when I go to Object Styles or Visibility Graphics Overrides, the AutoCAD layers are still listed. I can't find the import anywhere - the project seems completely empty, although I'm guessing something must still be there! This is my main template, so it's important I delete the information, or else the layers will appear in everyone's project.

Is there a way I can find it...........or delete it from the imports list?

Thanks in advance.

sbrown
2006-01-27, 02:09 PM
you can delete each one of those layers from the dialog box.

swissclive54638
2006-01-30, 08:48 AM
Thanks Scott.

I'm guessing this means that the original DWG isn't hidden somewhere in my project?

sbrown
2006-01-30, 02:19 PM
No I don't think so. If it was imported using current view only and its not in that view then it doesn't exist. If it was imported without current view only and you go to a 3d view, and make sure dwgs are turned on and you don't see it, it doesn't exist(make sure your phase filter is set to the last phase and show all.

Melarch
2006-01-30, 02:36 PM
But this does not remove the imported DWG file from either the Object Styles or Visibility Graphics. Which suggests that the imported DWG is still in your Revit project file.

I have not found the answer to purging the imported DWG file in the above scenarios

Mel Persin, AIA

swissclive54638
2006-01-30, 02:47 PM
Scott's suggestion worked with my template file - the layers were listed in the Object Styles dialog, and I deleted them. However, some family categories, e.g. titleblocks, do not list imports in the Object Styles dialog (even though they appear in Visibility / Graphics Overrides), so I guess that means they can't be deleted!

rod.74246
2006-01-31, 08:53 AM
I am pretty sure any imports into any other family categories place the import objects (layers and things) in the object styles area, rather than under the family category. Deleting the layers actually takes them out of the drawing all together.

The ones to watch that appear elewhere are hatch patterns and line styles, they end up separated under the appropriate areas and need to be deleted from there too.

Where it gets messy is when you do have imports nested in familes. Imported lines when you delete the line style associated with it seem to revert to "thin lines" by default for some reason however so it is possible to delete the style and leave the lines there. However not sure about the layers but i am pretty sure that if they are nested in a family you can't get rid of em. (don;t quote me on tis though as i can;t test it out right now)