PDA

View Full Version : Foundation footing...

iru69
2006-01-27, 06:34 PM
I've got one of those thickened mid slab conditions and am not sure the best approach to modelling it. There's something obvious I'm missing here...

I should also add that the condition occurs in areas where there is no wall above (acting as a sort of grade beam).

Allen Lacy
2006-01-27, 07:20 PM
I would use an in-place family with a sweep rather than an extrusion. Create it in the structural foundations category for better visibility control.

iru69
2006-01-27, 07:49 PM
I would use an in-place family with a sweep rather than an extrusion. Create it in the structural foundations category for better visibility control.
Thanks! That works well (I was expecting there to be a feature included in the structural "Footing" tool explicity for doing that).

iru69
2006-01-27, 10:42 PM
Well, almost there...

When I create my foundation plan, it's creating a dash line along the outside edges (where it slopes back), not the actual footing width that would be dimensioned... How do I get it to dash the correct "lines" (edges)?

iru69
2006-01-27, 11:20 PM
okay, this isn't working at all in plan... they're not "joining" like a footing should...

Am I missing something or any other suggestions on how to do a mid-span thickened slab (or grade beam)?