PDA

View Full Version : Composite Floor Deck

tect75
2006-01-27, 07:31 PM
looking to do a composite floor deck. Steel decking and concrete. tried creating a structural deck. cant create it until i load the deck profile. so i go to load the deck profile and cant find it. i looked in profiles, detail components, etc. what do i need to load to create this.

Allen Lacy
2006-01-27, 07:39 PM
I've created a composite deck detail component and in this case it was a 3 inch composite deck with a 3 inch concrete slab. I've attached the detail component. It's somewhat parametric in that the deck is 3 inches, but you can control the overall depth of floor/deck. HTH.

tect75
2006-01-27, 07:51 PM
i guess what im trying to do is this:

i issue the floor command, i pick a floor type to edit, i duplicate it and while setting up the structure i get the error shown in the image. i get this while trying to create a structural deck. perhaps im trying to go about this the wrong way. the post above has the right idea in that thaht is the type of floor system im going for. i just want to create it as a floor family. how do i do this or am i doing this wrong

david.kingham
2006-01-27, 09:38 PM
The Stucural deck option is currently only for Revit Structure, you can download the deck profiles from the Revit stucture content and load them and you wont get that error but you will not see the deck

tect75
2006-01-27, 10:08 PM
thanks, kind of sucks that they give u the option but then if you use it it doesnt show as u want. prehaps a wishlist item. anyway, thanks

aaronrumple
2006-01-28, 06:12 AM
The structural deck option SHOULD be available in Revit Building. Deck is as much an arcxhitectural item as a strutural one. In a current project for a gmy/pool we, the architects, are specifying Epic Wideck for architectural reasons. Yet we can't draw it in our design development drawings to better illustrate what we want.