PDA

View Full Version : I can't see my structure

formarch.70565
2006-01-27, 07:43 PM
I know this has got to be simple but I created a roof beam system from the structural tab but I can't get it to show up in any of my views wether they are sections or the default 3d. I've turned on every element, set the detail level to fine and made sure that they were created in this phase. When the cursor moves over the elements, the system is hi lighted and I can edit it but it just won't show in my views .....What am I Missing

I have noticed that they show up in an underlay of a similar view range but if I go to that underlay they can't be seen.

Thanks

SkiSouth
2006-01-27, 10:13 PM
Select the beam and see if it is under the floor of the level you thought you were placing the beams over. (You'll have to look at a reflected ceiling plan, detail fine, structural framing on. If you can see the element by moving the mouse, then its probably under the floor.

sjsl
2006-01-27, 11:19 PM
Also, try a section thru where the beam is to kelp find it. Don't forget, structural is placed from the top down, so first floor steel is actually would actually show up under the floor in the basement if you have one.

luigi
2006-01-28, 09:17 PM
I can't get it to show up in any of my views wether they are sections or the default 3d.
I think your quote above was skipped over....

include your file for us to look at, or if you found out what happend, then share it with us...

Peace,

sven.129574
2007-01-05, 02:35 PM
This response is way late, but just in case someone is browsing old posts because they are having a similar problem...

Also make sure that you have an actual Beam Type selected for the beam system, instead of "default."