PDA

View Full Version : linked projects produce bad renderings

Eric Stewart
2004-04-07, 05:55 PM
We have a project with six individual buildings. I modeled the site and then the buildings were linked into the site project file. The buildings materials do not render well.

Then we tried importing the site into one of the building project files. The rendering looks a lot better in that file.

What is causing this, and can we fix this?

See the images attached.

hand471037
2004-04-07, 06:48 PM
Wow! Never had that problem, and I've done exactly what you did; that is link buildings into a site and rendered from the site file...

From looking at the grass and the brick, it looks like your whole UV space is rotating slightly when you link the buildings into a site. When you link the buildings into the site are they being rotated? Do you have a true north/project north? I've rotated buildings before tho when linking them in, and haven't had this trouble...

A big limitation of Accurender in Revit is that the Revit elements won't always make the UV space of the material change too, for example moving/rotating a surface pattern of a ceiling grid won't change the UV space of that ceiling, so it will render different than it shows in a non-rendered view! :evil:

So maybe there is something in the site model that is setting the UV space 'off' from what it should be, and that's causing your problem...

Also are these materials standard ones or custom ones you've made?

Eric Stewart
2004-04-07, 07:24 PM
We are rotating the buildings once they are linked.

I believe, dont quote me on this, that the site is set to project north and the buildings are set to true north.

They are all basic materials shipped with revit.