PDA

View Full Version : Filled Regions - no transparency

sjsl
2006-01-30, 03:37 PM
I can't get the filled region to be transparent even though I switched from opaque. Also,
the front to back buttons do not work for this filled region either. You cannot make the fill go behind someting. Very, very annoying.

sbrown
2006-01-30, 03:57 PM
Solid fills will not be transparent, all other hatch types can be.

luigi
2006-01-30, 05:13 PM
I can't get the filled region to be transparent even though I switched from opaque. Also,
the front to back buttons do not work for this filled region either. You cannot make the fill go behind someting. Very, very annoying.
As Scott said, the only filled region that isn't transparent is the solid filled region. All other filled regions can be transparent and will work properly...

Also, a filled region is a "drafting element" and will go in front or back to other "drafting elements" but the Model objects will always be the base to all "drafting elements". A drafting element can't be placed behind the model.

What you can do, if it helps, since I don't know what you are trying to do, is to make my filled region the shape it needs to be, cutting out the part of the model that needs to be visible (i.e. a square inside a square...the model will be in front of the filled region in the small square area)

Take care,

mmodernc
2006-03-31, 01:19 PM
Solid fills will not be transparent, all other hatch types can be.
But the lines in the "transparent" filled region are opaque

sjsl
2006-03-31, 05:20 PM
If I could just send the solid fill behind objects that would be great! But you can't and makes no sense to me.

DanielleAnderson
2006-03-31, 05:56 PM
If I could just send the solid fill behind objects that would be great! But you can't and makes no sense to me.

You can create some sort of filled region that is a very fine dot pattern in whatever the chosen color is and it should look basically solid but act transparently.

mmodernc
2006-04-21, 02:06 PM
Can make things it is over top of look dotty because the dots are not transparent. Would need some really thinly spread dots -and there is no control over level of transparency?

clay_hickling
2006-07-24, 11:07 PM
You can import an image file into the sheet and the image can be pushed to the background behind model objects.
Just create a solid colour image file.

not sure if this helps what you are trying to do.

We often use this method to add skies to the background of elevations in shaded mode.