PDA

View Full Version : Revit.ini

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-01, 05:03 PM
I've taken to using a "master" version of this file to make the resetting of paths and preferences easier. The only issue I have with it other than having to do anything :wink: is I would like to have it fill in the username for me. I've tried enter [username] and leaving it blank but it doesn't seem to supply it if it's missing. If I could swap my master ini file for the one that is supplied during installation and have Revit plug in the username that would eliminate me having to add it for each person.

P.S. Couldn't bare to see this forum empty so long...

JamesVan
2003-05-08, 08:51 PM
I took another look at the INI file and I think it would be pretty easy to write a VB script to automate this. All you would need is a database of your users. When I get around to this, I'll post what I have.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-08, 09:28 PM
I'm hoping a Revit developer will give me a "secret" format to let revit input the current user in the ini file. Usually [username] will work in scripts if memory serves. I guess it depends on how revit uses the file ultimately. Maybe that "Pirate who doesn't do anything" can help?

Look forward to seeing what you come up with, the db of users is easy...it's in exchange, should be able to extract that somehow. He says completely naively.

christopher.zoog51272
2003-05-09, 03:14 AM
moving this topic to general....

closing "revit administration" due to lack of interest :wink: