PDA

View Full Version : ABS 2006 Training

brainalien
2006-01-31, 02:40 PM
I've heard that ABS 2006 has a built in tutorial to get you familiar with the program.

I'd like to know if it's any good and how long it would take an experienced Autocad operator to complete?

I'd also like to know if the tutorial is broken up between disciplines.

My workplace is getting the software and workstations a month before we have official training. I need to figure out the best way to get familiar with ABS within that time.

Thanks,

Brian

Steve_Bennett
2006-01-31, 04:44 PM
I can look to see what the tutorial consists of tonight - I don't have ABS here with me today, but it's on my home system.

stelthorst
2006-01-31, 04:46 PM
I've gone through most of the electrical tutorials (yes, they're broken out by discipline). I found the tutorials useful for learning how to navigate the program but felt like they weren't detailed enough. For example, the tutorial taught you how to assign circuit numbers and panels to a circuit but didn't go into enough detail on how to create the panel in the first place. All in all I think it's worth it to go through them.

DuckMan
2006-02-20, 08:48 PM
I've heard that ABS 2006 has a built in tutorial to get you familiar with the program.

I'd like to know if it's any good and how long it would take an experienced Autocad operator to complete?

I'd also like to know if the tutorial is broken up between disciplines.

My workplace is getting the software and workstations a month before we have official training. I need to figure out the best way to get familiar with ABS within that time.

Thanks,

Brian

I agree with Scott... I've been thru the HVAC and Plumbing tutorials and feel they really aren't up to snuff as far as teaching you the ins and outs. They do teach you how to move around and help you feel more comfortable but for every question it answers there's 10 it doesn't. As a matter of fact, the reason I'm on here today is to try and find some answers that the tutorials and help files don't answer (or it's buried and I can't find it).

brainalien
2006-02-28, 04:56 PM
I agree with Scott... I've been thru the HVAC and Plumbing tutorials and feel they really aren't up to snuff as far as teaching you the ins and outs. They do teach you how to move around and help you feel more comfortable but for every question it answers there's 10 it doesn't. As a matter of fact, the reason I'm on here today is to try and find some answers that the tutorials and help files don't answer (or it's buried and I can't find it).

Agreed, I went thru the mech. tutorial and felt like it just gets you comfortable with ABS.

One thing that I noticed is that you can tweek and customize everything in this program.