PDA

View Full Version : Aligning Plans and Elevations

weston
2006-01-31, 06:17 PM
I am trying to create sheets where the upper and lower floor plans align with the corresponding elevations (see attached).

I cannot seem to get the drawings to align after rotating the views. It works fine when I try it before rotating the views. Is it possible to get the views to align?

Thanks for any help
Weston

eddy.lermytte
2006-01-31, 06:44 PM
One way to achieve that is making use of the workplane gridlines of your sheet.

dbaldacchino
2006-01-31, 06:46 PM
It's interesting that you cannot even draw detail lines or some other line to help you align objects on the drawing sheet. I think this is a needed feature. I did a little test and was able to align an elevation view to a plan view on a sheet. When you move one of the views, once it gets close to being aligned, you should see the automatic line that appears when Revit thinks you're trying to align something. So it does it automatically. The unfortunate thing is that you cannot align to anything else by manually doing it....snaps don't work on a sheet, except on the geometry of a titleblock family.

weston
2006-01-31, 07:23 PM
The automatic line worked when I aligned the drawings prior to rotating the views. After I rotated the views I could no longer get the automatic lines to work.

dbaldacchino
2006-01-31, 07:31 PM
I see your point, same happened here. Why don't you leave the views oriented normally and rotate the titleblock? Otherwise, the only way is to "eyeball it" using the grid as explained by Eddy.

weston
2006-01-31, 07:40 PM
I am sure I will end up doing one of those two things. It is just annoying that it is so difficult to do this. I have wasted an hour or two worth of time trying to figure this out. Many people have complained about it. I am certainly not the first and probably wont be the last. Anyway, thanks for your help and hopefully we wont have this problem in the future.

Weston