PDA

View Full Version : Change Door base level?

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-27, 05:04 PM
I have some existing buildings that we now have survey info for, so I'm "fixing" levels. I grabbed the walls for one building and changed the base constraint to the new level. No problem, but the doors don't seem to offer a way to associate them with the new level. I can change the sill value to "move" them up, but it still refers to the original level...does it matter? Seems like it should matter. Is there a way?

Ditto for windows...

Talked to support...no, not yet.

A: Cut>then>Paste Aligned
or
B: changed sill heights

Ditto for windows

aggockel50321
2003-05-27, 06:25 PM
I agree. They're hosted by the wall. If a wall's base constraint (level) changes, theirs' should also.

The only fix I've found is yours, cut, paste, & delete. Then go back & fix up tags, etc....

Martin P
2003-05-28, 10:17 AM
Yep, sounds like a really good wish too me! it is quite easy to start plopping windows and doors in the wrong level

ajayholland
2003-05-28, 02:13 PM
I too have placed doors on the wrong level (like below grade) but this sounds like a "style of work" issue to me. You can change the top constraint of a wall without affecting anything else. Ditto for the bottom constraint.

How would one handle the opposite case, where you wish to change the base constraint, without affecting its openings?

-AJH