PDA

View Full Version : Adding Schedule to Project Template

rebecca
2006-02-01, 10:22 PM
I am creating our office standard Project Template.
I want to take our current project that is the most similar to how we want our project standards, and save it as a template.

However, one of our other projects has a custom parking schedule I made that I also want to include in our Project Template. Is there a way to import just that schedule into the Project Template, without overwriting all the attributes of the Project Template, or overwriting other Schedules in that Project Template?

I tried the "Transfer Project Standards", but it didn't allow schedules to be transferred.

The bigger question is-- in general, how do I take the best from all of our existing projects, and merge them into the Ultimate Project Template?

RANDY.HURLEY99777
2006-02-01, 10:28 PM
I am creating our office standard Project Template.
I want to take our current project that is the most similar to how we want our project standards, and save it as a template.

However, one of our other projects has a custom parking schedule I made that I also want to include in our Project Template. Is there a way to import just that schedule into the Project Template, without overwriting all the attributes of the Project Template, or overwriting other Schedules in that Project Template?

I tried the "Transfer Project Standards", but it didn't allow schedules to be transferred.

The bigger question is-- in general, how do I take the best from all of our existing projects, and merge them into the Ultimate Project Template?
Tricky question :? I'll work on it and get back to :wink: you

archjake
2006-02-01, 10:31 PM
As for copying the schedule:
Place the schedule onto a sheet. Then copy it from the sheet to the clipboard and paste it to a sheet in your template.
Should copy over just fine.

dhurtubise
2006-02-02, 12:33 PM
I use cut & paste all the times.

luigi
2006-02-02, 01:17 PM
confirming that CUT and Paste is the solution!!!!

SCShell
2006-02-02, 02:32 PM
Hey there,
To expand on this, all of the "types" that are in a schedule will transfer along with it. This is an easy way to transfer wall and door types between projects.
Good luck
Steve

rebecca
2006-02-02, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the replies--this will be an immense help!