PDA

View Full Version : Two Revit Building Structural Questions

david.metcalf
2006-02-02, 09:20 PM
1. How do I change couple of structural objects to match the slope of a roof? I can drawin it straight and level but how to draw it at a slope or match it to a slope of the roof?
2. How come when I use extrusion on the structural beam it no longer appears in my schedule?

Thanks very much
David

Adam Mac
2006-02-02, 10:38 PM
Hi David -
To answer your 1st question:
use reference planes.
Cut a section (or use Elevation) parallel to your beam and simply draw a reference plane at the required angle. Then NAME the reference plane (in properties) so you can identify it later.
Go back to your plan view and change the "working plane" (top left corner?) to that of the reference plane you just created. When your place your beam in plan it will now acutally be following the slope of your reference plane.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question, but i hope this helps anyway.

Adam

david.metcalf
2006-02-02, 11:56 PM
Much like a roof in sketch mode. Makes sense!

Thanks!

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-02-03, 12:56 AM
David,
Most structural families are created to be 'always vertical'. You can open the familiy in question
Settings/Family Categories and Parameters and uncheck the 'always vertical' box. This will allow you to freely rotate elements rather than having to create named workplanes.
Associating the element to a workplane is better if you anticipate the angle will change frequently. That way you need only change the ref plane and all associated components will change to match