PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall with curved profile?

Exar Kun
2006-02-03, 02:33 AM
Hi, I need to create a curved profile curtain wall to fit in under the curved roof element as shown in the attached image.

I've discovered that I can't edit a standard curtain wall profile to be curved so what would you suggest be the best way?

- Creating a system by face from a mass seems to give me no control over the direction of the mullions? They are always on an angle and I can't find anyway to rotate them. (as shown in image)

- Curtain system by lines obviously can't curve.

- Custom panels? Bearing in mind that the mullions, whilst all vertical, will be irregularly spaced.

- Totally in-place objects? Which would mean a lot of work at an early stage of the project when things could still change quite a bit. Unfortunately it's for a car dealership and the manufacturer wants to see exactly how their corporate design is being used at this early stage.

The wall won't be totally glass either. It will have the entry poking out of it at one point and offices at the back with solid walls.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Scott D Davis
2006-02-03, 04:14 AM
You should be able to edit the profile of the curtain wall to a curved top. You can also create your curved roofm then attach the curtain wall to the roof to produce the curve. The mullion will curve to follow the shape.

Exar Kun
2006-02-03, 04:30 AM
I need to be able to set the glazing 90mm off the centreline of the wall and I can't do that with the system family curtain wall. Setting up a glazed panel with the offset I get a can't create message.

I guess I can just draw the wall out where I need it but it would be nice to have the centreline on the grid.

Still, your suggestion probably makes the most sense - I kept trying to use the panel with an offset whenever I created a curtain wall and it wouldn't let me curve that.

Tobie
2006-02-03, 06:33 AM
first image shows curtain wall attached to a curved roof. the second image the panel on the left is a 12mm glass offset 50mm and the one on the right 12mm centrally.
if you change the standard panel to have an offset, all will change.
hope this helps.
cheers,