PDA

View Full Version : How to keep walls,floors, clg,roofs attached

jwilhelm
2006-02-05, 03:20 AM
Can anyone recommend some general rules when laying out a building that will allow the various components of a model to keep their relationships intact when changes are made.
when I move a wall for example floors will often not move with it, this seems to be a constant source of frustration for me, I have tried a number of things but usually end up with overconstrained conditions and the only solution is to break the constraints.

beegee
2006-02-05, 03:33 AM
When you create your floors, ceilings and roofs, use the Pick Walls option.

If you then move a wall, the floor, roof or ceiling will reconstruct itself to suit.

DaveP
2006-02-06, 04:44 PM
when I move a wall for example floors will often not move with it, this seems to be a constant source of frustration for me.
I feel your pain.
Seems we lose our floors at least three times on every project. The main issue I've seen is that, when we use the "Pick Wall" option, sooner or later someone will edit a wall by grabbing the grip and stretching the wall. The problem is that the adjoining wall doesn't always get re-connected until later, and the floor gets confused.

There's a warning that the floor will be deleted, but it's usually buried in amongst several other warnings.