PDA

View Full Version : DWF showing centered but not printing right?

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-05, 04:57 AM
Hello,

I have a printing company that I work with to print my large format drawings. When I print from ACAD using window selection it will print centered. When I save a Revit file out to a DWF it will show up centered in the preview but it will print offset. By this I mean that the printer limits are 22x34 and the title block is just under 22x34. It displays correctly here at my office and there at their office. But when it goes thru the printer it will print the top and right edges of the tb at the edge of the paper and then there is a 2" margin at the left and bottom edges! The printer is an HP500 and we have had NO help from HP on this problem. Is this a dwf problem or is it a setting in the printer that needs to be changed?

Mike.Perry
2006-02-05, 06:47 PM
Hi

Do the DWF files output correctly to other output devices or does the shift occur on them as well ?

Have a good one, Mike

robert.1.hall72202
2006-02-06, 01:36 PM
I had issues printing dwf files. I went to the Autodesk website and downloaded
a dwf writer printer file. I had to name dwf writer in my page setup. Not sure why
it has to be this way, but I do know that it works.

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-07, 02:52 AM
In answer to Mike's question... the othe printing office that I use when my main one is backed up will not print DWF's AT ALL! so I can not answer for the lg format. 11x17 print fine and 8.5x11 will print fine. We only notice this on the large format that he has.

In response to Robert.....I have DWF Composer which comes with the dwf write file that you refer to. Are you suggesting that I name a dwf writer in my page setup and write out in this set up for him. Likewise load the dwf writer printer file on his machine and see if this will resolve it??

Thanks Guys!!!

Mike.Perry
2006-02-07, 08:23 AM
In answer to Mike's question... the othe printing office that I use when my main one is backed up will not print DWF's AT ALL! so I can not answer for the lg format. 11x17 print fine and 8.5x11 will print fine. We only notice this on the large format that he has.Hi

Is it possible to post an example DWF file here, one that your printing company experiences a problem with when they output to their HP 500 - large format ( By this I mean that the printer limits are 22x34 and the title block is just under 22x34 ).

This will allow people here to try and output one of your DWF files to their output devices - see if they receive the same results as your printing company.

I do not have access to a HP 500, but if you do post an example DWF file I will output it to our large format plotters here - see what results I obtain ie

* Same as your printing company = Would point to an DWF issue / problem.

* Output is fine ( no print offset ) = Would point to an issue / problem with your printing companies HP 500.

Have a good one, Mike

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-07, 03:48 PM
Here is one of the dwfs that we tried printing the other day and was active weird. (Whether his printer or my file I do not know yet)

Mike.Perry
2006-02-10, 12:56 AM
Here is one of the dwfs that we tried printing the other day and was active weird. (Whether his printer or my file I do not know yet)Hi

Apologies for not getting back to this sooner...

I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry - I am unable to Plot to Imperial paper sizes ( I can select Imperial paper sizes from the paper size list, but we do not carry Imperial paper / roll sizes for our plotters ), am UK based therefore work with Metric.

I did Plot your DWF to the nearest Metric paper size ( A1 841 mm x 594 mm ) available; this meant having to select the "Fit to Page" option within DWF Viewer.

I Plotted to the following couple of output devices...

Oce 9400 ( Black & White )
&
Oce TCS400 ( Colour )

On both of them at A1 size, your DWF looked fine ie No offset issue / problem.

Hopefully someone else here, can try Plotting your DWF to an Imperial paper size ( ANSI D: 22 inch x 34 inch ).

Sorry, I could not have been of more assistance / help on this matter...

Have a good one, Mike

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-10, 04:54 PM
Actually I would like to thank you for your help on this issue. I spent some time at the printers yesterday working on this problem.

Issue #1: Printing offset was due to the fact that my sheets are set-up using Arch D 24x36 and his printer limits were using ANSI D 22x34. I changed this to use Arch D and it will print correctly straight from Revit. It still offsets slightly on the DWF. I believe that if I use a named print setting file and offset that when writing out the DWF it will work. (I now only lose about .25" or 6.35mm if I remembered to convert correctly)

Issue #2: Seperate posting that no one responded too was about the vertical lines that show on shaded with edges views. They print without the lines from Revit but print with the lines from a DWF on Large format only. Did you have any lines show up in the colored isometrics that you plotted.

Again thanks for your help here.

Mike.Perry
2006-02-10, 10:23 PM
Hi

Actually I would like to thank you for your help on this issue. I spent some time at the printers yesterday working on this problem.No worries...

Issue #1: Printing offset was due to the fact that my sheets are set-up using Arch D 24x36 and his printer limits were using ANSI D 22x34. I changed this to use Arch D and it will print correctly straight from Revit. It still offsets slightly on the DWF. I believe that if I use a named print setting file and offset that when writing out the DWF it will work. (I now only lose about .25" or 6.35mm if I remembered to convert correctly)Excellent! good to hear managed to resolve this issue / problem ( at least to an acceptable level ) :)

Issue #2: Seperate posting that no one responded too was about the vertical lines that show on shaded with edges views. They print without the lines from Revit but print with the lines from a DWF on Large format only. Did you have any lines show up in the colored isometrics that you plotted.~ takes a look at the two prints laying on the floor ~ Looks good to me. I can not see vertical lines on the paper output from the DWF ( though admittedly I could be looking right at them and not realising ). Is it possible to post a screen capture that clearly highlights the vertical lines I am meant to be looking for ?

Have a good one, Mike

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-13, 08:45 PM
Mike,

This is the best that I can do. The darker lines are the ones that I am reffering to and please disregard the site notes that are scribbled on this view. Anyway, they only appear when printing the dwf file on the larger format printer. they do not show if I print to a smaller sheet size on another printer or even if I print straight from revit.

Mike.Perry
2006-02-13, 09:22 PM
This is the best that I can do. The darker lines are the ones that I am reffering to and please disregard the site notes that are scribbled on this view. Anyway, they only appear when printing the dwf file on the larger format printer. they do not show if I print to a smaller sheet size on another printer or even if I print straight from revit.Hi

Do you mean the two vertical lines down the PDF example ?

OR

Do you mean the horizontal lines that make up the sidings of the house ?

OR

Something completely different ? If something completely different, please point me exactly to the lines in question.

Also please note, on the paper coloured output I have from your DWF it shows a different isometric view ( if that makes any difference ).

Have a good one, Mike

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-14, 04:11 AM
Hi

Do you mean the two vertical lines down the PDF example ?

That is what I am talking about, yes! The iso being different from what you have is not important because these lines show up in ALL of the iso's when printed from the dwf viewer. I do not know that the other lines are supposed to be there.

I thought that the vertical lines where showing only in the view box area but even that is not true. From left to right they are within the bounds of the view box but top to bottom they extend beyond the view box. This is getting frustrating because they only show up in the dwf when printed on his machine which is a HP500 42.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Mike.Perry
2006-02-14, 07:28 AM
That is what I am talking about, yes! The iso being different from what you have is not important because these lines show up in ALL of the iso's when printed from the dwf viewer. I do not know that the other lines are supposed to be there.

I thought that the vertical lines where showing only in the view box area but even that is not true. From left to right they are within the bounds of the view box but top to bottom they extend beyond the view box. This is getting frustrating because they only show up in the dwf when printed on his machine which is a HP500 42.Hi

Ok! now I know we are talking about the same vertical lines - I do not see those two vertical lines on the A1 paper size copies I outputted from your DWF, using two different output devices...

Oce 9400 ( Black & White )
&
Oce TCS400 ( Colour )

Therefore I would personally say it is more and more looking like an issue / problem with the HP500 42 output device, rather than an issue / problem with the DWF files you are creating within Revit ( just my humble opinion on the matter ).

Have a good one, Mike

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-14, 03:50 PM
I was afraid that would be the final verdict!

Mike.Perry
2006-02-14, 08:05 PM
I was afraid that would be the final verdict!Hi

Was just my opinion... but I am known to be wrong all the time... I really think you need to try and get some others to carry-out testing for you, especially if they have a HP500 42.

Good luck.

:beer: Mike

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-15, 03:13 PM
I was just sitting here this morning thinking the same thing!

Have a good day over there on other side of the pond.

Thomas

jimmy.bergmark
2006-02-18, 10:55 AM
Hi,

I've added a tip for a solution to my blog:
http://jtbworld.blogspot.com/2006/02/center-prints-in-autodesk-dwf-viewer.html
I hope it works as good for you as for me.