PDA

View Full Version : prefab metal buildings

ihman1915
2004-04-12, 01:30 AM
I dont know if this is the right place to put this. I got revit installded. Wish I could save in the trial but oh well. I was wondering how easy is it to design a prefab metal building. Not sure where to look for the main I-beams and perlins/girts etc. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

beegee
2004-04-12, 01:56 AM
Go to the "structural" tab and you should see some preloaded beams and columns. You can load more from the standard families supplied, or go to RUGI, RevitCity and the web library to get even more.

Yes you can do a prefab metal building, no problem.

You may want make the portal frames as an in-place family though. ( There are portal frames on RUGI that you can use, adapt or just study the method used to build them )

Check out This Topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2555&highlight=portal) also.

ihman1915
2004-04-12, 03:07 AM
Thanks Ill check into it. Really appriciate it

m_cahoon14336
2004-04-12, 04:26 AM
Lately, I have been working on a similar building type. I downloaded a good building frame from r.u.g.i. I am now trying to figure out how to best represent metal wall and roof panels. Any ideas of what works best for this?

beegee
2004-04-12, 04:36 AM
Check out this topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3382&highlight=)