PDA

View Full Version : PCP files?

patricks
2006-02-06, 03:28 PM
When you export a Revit file to AutoCAD, what are those PCP files it also creates?

aaronrumple
2006-02-06, 03:49 PM
When you export a Revit file to AutoCAD, what are those PCP files it also creates?
Plotting configuration files for AutoCAD.

patricks
2006-02-06, 04:05 PM
So when I send drawings to engineers would they need those files?

aaronrumple
2006-02-06, 04:06 PM
Only if they want to plot by color with the same settings as you... Typically a consultant is going to change all the plot settings.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-02-06, 09:36 PM
They would need to apply your plot style and make a new ctb/stb plot style to make head or tail with line thickness etc, in ACad, we use that a lot when exporting to engineers etc...

patricks
2006-02-06, 09:40 PM
hmmm I don't know too much about CTB's and STB's in Autocad. If they don't get the PCP files, perhaps that's why their sheets on our titleblocks end up coming back with a thin line around the outside border, instead of the thick line like on our Revit sheets.

Justin Marchiel
2006-02-07, 12:29 AM
in my experience it doesn't matter if you send the stb or ctb, they still plot the titleblock wrong. on the other hand, i know one engineering firm that purposely makes the titleblock plot differently because then there is no mistaking a structural drawing and an architectural draiwngs.

On an aside i thought that pcp files died in 2000? Once ctb and stb files came about there was no need for the pcp or pc2 format. you could jsut send the stb/ctb file? Since 2000 is an unsupported format i did not think that pcp would still be around. You would think that REVIT would map a ctb file for acad use?

Justin

SkiSouth
2006-02-07, 12:40 AM
Adesk's white PAPER (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=2895630&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112) on how to use these PCP files should be sent to your consultants if they want to plot with Revit pen weights.

Joef
2006-02-21, 01:12 AM
I've read the White Paper and it is still not clear since the result is a plot that is in full colour. The Revit sheet is black and white but the pcp file creates a colour plot. Go figure.

Justin Marchiel
2006-02-21, 11:51 PM
I've read the White Paper and it is still not clear since the result is a plot that is in full colour. The Revit sheet is black and white but the pcp file creates a colour plot. Go figure.

My experience is that you have to set the pen color to black. if you leave it as object color, you will get colour.

Justin

davidcobi
2006-02-21, 11:56 PM
I talked to AutoDesk about this and they recommended that you edit the PCP/CTB file manually. I think that the PCP file should reflect the lineweights EXACTLY as they plot in Revit.