PDA

View Full Version : NEW BUILD CRASH

neb1998
2006-02-06, 03:59 PM
Multiple wall trim this morning on very simple model, revit froze, caused program to exit with no error report.

bug or fluke?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-02-06, 04:40 PM
Is the problem repeatable or did it just happen the one time?

neb1998
2006-02-06, 04:45 PM
Is the problem repeatable or did it just happen the one time?It just happened once, but its a command i use quite a bit when working on a new model....just installed the new build this morning and that was one of the first things i did...It seems ok now, but i figured i would post incase someone else had the same problem but didnt post because its a minor issue..

patricks
2006-02-06, 04:56 PM
What exactly caused the problem? Putting a sweep on a wall and then clicking other walls to add the sweep to those made it crash?

neb1998
2006-02-06, 04:58 PM
What exactly caused the problem? Putting a sweep on a wall and then clicking other walls to add the sweep to those made it crash?No just imagine one wall thats perpendicular to 15-20 other walls, like a row of hospital rooms one after the other....Then selecting one corridor wall and trimming all the other walls to extend or trim off of that corridor wall.

no sweeps, roofs, floors,etc are involved.

Maybe it was a fluke, just posted because its never crashed before doing that with past builds.

beegee
2006-02-06, 10:04 PM
Support are always very interested in anything that crashes Revit.

Did you post it for them ?

truevis
2006-02-07, 12:07 PM
Got a model last week that had a roof that would crash Revit on 'finish sketch'. I tried cutting it (and its hosted objects) to clipboard and pasting back in the same place. That somehow purified it and the roof seemed to work fine afterwards.

Perhaps that trick will work in Mr. Kane's situation.