PDA

View Full Version : Level line type: this is odd

patricks
2006-02-06, 04:15 PM
I just noticed this in one of my elevations. As you can see both levels are selected and show as the same type but the top Parapet level has a different line type. All other elevation lines in all my other elevation views (including the Parapet level in all other views) looks like the Roof Bearing line. I wonder why?

aaronrumple
2006-02-06, 04:18 PM
Are they the same level type? You can make different level types with different graphics.

patricks
2006-02-06, 04:30 PM
As you can see in the pull-down box at the upper left, they are both shown as Level: 1/4" Head. Roof Bearing has the roof plan associated to it, and Parapet is just a level, but still it should be the same, and they ARE the same in all other elevation views. It's just this one that's showing like this.

Hmm nevermind I just removed the offset from that top level line and the line changed to be like the other one. Then when I put the offset back, it remained normal.

Steve_Stafford
2006-02-06, 04:39 PM
The portion of a level line that uses the offset will be "continuous" as opposed to what linetype/pattern has been assigned to the level line. Been this way as long as I can remember.

patricks
2006-02-06, 04:57 PM
The portion of a level line that uses the offset will be "continuous" as opposed to what linetype/pattern has been assigned to the level line. Been this way as long as I can remember.

I was talking about the level line itself. If you notice in the attached image, the level line on bottom is normal (set to Grid 1/2" as the linetype), but the top one appears to have the Grid 1/4" line type, even though both grids are the same type. When I removed the offset from the top level, the line changed back to normal, which was the Grid 1/2" type.