PDA

View Full Version : Callouts - Changing references, SIM and OH

mzabritski
2006-02-06, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to get a handle on how callouts work and have a few questions.

1. In a drafting view I've added a callout. If I forget to reference another view and instead create a new view, is there a way to change the callout and reference another existing view? Or do I need to erase it and recreate it with the correct view referenced.

2. I'm trying to figure out SIM and OH tags. What I would like is to do is to have 2 callouts reference the same drafting view, one with SIM and one without. I have it setup as follows:

I have a drafting view that I am placing the callouts in. If I add a callout tag and reference it to another existing drafting view, it takes on the Callout type that has been assigned to the drafting view type. When I add another callout in another location referencing the same view, it uses the same callout. I can't figure out how to have one say SIM and the other not. Since the SIM parameter is a type parameter, the only way I can seem to get rid of it is to change the drafting view type of the referenced detail to another type, but then both callouts change. How are you supposed to have multiple callouts referencing the same view but with different SIM labels displayed?

Hopefully this all makes sense. Thanks

aaronrumple
2006-02-06, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to get a handle on how callouts work and have a few questions.

1. In a drafting view I've added a callout. If I forget to reference another view and instead create a new view, is there a way to change the callout and reference another existing view? Or do I need to erase it and recreate it with the correct view referenced.

2. I'm trying to figure out SIM and OH tags. What I would like is to do is to have 2 callouts reference the same drafting view, one with SIM and one without. I have it setup as follows:

1. You need to delete and redraw. It would be nice if there were a better way.

2. The SIM, OH is broken. It used to work very nicely back around 6, but at some point they changed how it worked and I don't think anyone has been happy since. We just zap the ref. label in the family and add it in by hand.