PDA

View Full Version : Brick pattern in window when printing.

Vaioarch
2006-02-06, 07:29 PM
I have a curved wall with windows in it and it looks fine on the model, but when I print the brick pattern is in the window and not around the windows. Anyone have an idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Ronnie

kpaxton
2006-02-06, 09:11 PM
Not quite sure, but maybe - just maybe - the window is not cutting through the wall fully. Open you window in the family editor and see if you're using a cut-opening sweep, or the typical opening-cut. This makes a big difference. I suggest keeping all your doors and windows with the standard opening tool. Save and reload into the project.

Some around here suggested the opposite -(using the sweep-opening instead). This is because the opening cut tool as defined in the family has a difficult time with curved walls- depending on the radius and thickness. (Don't ask why).

Again, I would suggest keeping the window/door with the standard opening cut tool, and if necessary, edit the profile of the wall (or better) make a separate opening and lock it to the window so it moves with it.

Post a pic and let us see.
Kyle

Vaioarch
2006-02-06, 09:16 PM
Here is a picture of what it is doing.

Thanks,
Ronnie

SkiSouth
2006-02-06, 10:12 PM
Try the same windows with a segmented wall, similar to the radius of the curved wall. My suspicion would be the curved wall is the culprit.(Revit's hatch sometimes rebels on non planer objects.) Think of the opening you set up in a family. They are all planar based. The other option then is to change the opening to a void and extend the void beyond the wall limits so the void actually cuts all of the wall surface (something a planar opening cut cannot do on a curved object )

David J Krope
2006-02-06, 10:23 PM
Have you checked that your Phase Filter is not set to Show All. set it to Previous + New. Show all will sometimes show the window and the wall at the same time.