PDA

View Full Version : Nested Parameter Visibilty Problem

Scott D Davis
2004-04-12, 05:04 PM
I'm working on a Titleblock family, that contains a Stamp family nested into it. The Stamp family is for our Architect's Stamp, and I need 8 versions of it, one for each Principal. So I created the Stamp, with parameters for Name, Exp. Date, and License Number. I insert that Stamp as a generic annotation family into the titleblock family. In the Titleblock, I've got Types set up for each of the Principals, and all seems to work fine. Change the Type pull-down from Principal 1 to 2, and the stamp updates in the titleblock.

Now, when I go to a project, load the titleblock, create a sheet, the stamp shows up, but none of the parameter text shows. They are in the properties, and all the information is in the properties, and updates as I change Types, but just does not display....

So what am I doing wrong??? :?

sbrown
2004-04-12, 07:13 PM
I've had the same experience with generic annotation families. YOu can load a tag, but the attributes(labels) dont carry through. Have you tried making the parameters shared and telling the nested family to equal the parameters in the titleblock? Might work.