PDA

View Full Version : Legends affecting sheet scale

kenmarcus
2006-02-06, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know if there is an workaround or option to have the sheet scale filter out or exclude the scale from legend views?

I am using legends for various graphical solutions: partition and symbol legends, general plan notes, etc. and I just noticed that if your legends are created at a different scale from the floor plan then you get an "As Indicated" on the sheet scale instead of the drawing scale.

If I change all of the legends to be the same scale then this issue will go away but it would be a significant amount of work to repeat though-out the remaining legends. It would then seem that every time you have a project or drawing created at a different scale you will need to change the scale to match on all of the related legends just so that the scale reads properly on the sheet.

Michael Coviello
2008-02-28, 05:23 PM
I'm dealing with the same issue. Have you found a solution?

patricks
2008-02-28, 05:27 PM
hmm that sounds odd.

We have a legend view with some general notes that usually get placed on more than one sheet. The scale for that view is 1 : 1. When I place it on a sheet with both a 1/8" floor plan and 1/16" roof plan, it still shows the scale of 1 : 1 for that legend view. I usually change the view title to one with no scale shown below the title.

But I use legend views for door and frame elevations, as well, and I've never run into problems with how the scale is indicated on the sheet.

Michael Coviello
2008-02-28, 05:31 PM
I am at the same point (i think) as you are.
What I'm trying to solve is how this effects the titleblock scale. I don't want it to say "As Indicated" just because the legend is a different scale that the plan view.
Ideally, I would like the titleblock to have an option to 'ignore legend scale'

Steve_Stafford
2008-02-28, 06:41 PM
You can use a slighty different version of your titleblock family. One type that shows the Revit "scale" and another that either shows "fixed" text or a label/parameter that you can enter the desired scale to show. If you use the same family then yes/no parameters can be assigned to the labels/text to define when they are visible.

patricks
2008-02-28, 07:27 PM
ahh so it's a titleblock issue. Yeah we never put the scale in the title block because we almost always have varying scales on every sheet.

Michael Coviello
2008-02-28, 07:31 PM
You can use a slighty different version of your titleblock family. One type that shows the Revit "scale" and another that either shows "fixed" text or a label/parameter that you can enter the desired scale to show. If you use the same family then yes/no parameters can be assigned to the labels/text to define when they are visible.

I appreciate this. The default behavior could be to have revit fill out the scale but have an instance parameter on each sheet. Nice tip steve!:)

joekozelka
2017-02-28, 10:29 AM
I appreciate this. The default behavior could be to have revit fill out the scale but have an instance parameter on each sheet. Nice tip steve!:)

That solution dose work but it loses the parametrics of the sheet reporting the drawing scale, I think that the solution is to edit the legend views so that they do not report a scale, like an immage. but is this possible? prehaps this something for autocad to sort out. I have made a issue sheet template that is parametric and contains schedules in
this instance I had made the scale and sheet size non parametric but I am not happy, Everyting in Revit should be parametric or we are slipping back into AutoCAD mode.