PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2 Model hatch patterns

harkeychad
2006-02-08, 04:40 PM
I am looking to get the Acme Brick-Stone Mountain and the Centurion Stone-Pennsylvania model hatch patterns. I have looked around and can not find them. I did find the Acme brick70.mlib file, but do not know how to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Melarch
2006-02-09, 12:19 PM
The MLIB file you have for the stone and brick patterns is a material library for rendering purposes. To load or use this material library go to the Settings pull-down menu and select Materials. In the Materials dialog box create a new material (select the Duplicate button under the material Name list and name the new material "Masonry - Acme Brick". Then highlight the new material name just created and select the AccuRender Texture pull-down/open button. In the Material Library dialog box select the Library pull-down menu and select the New option. In the Save As dialog box browse to the folder location where you have stored the MLIB file (preferably store the new MLIB file in the "C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAutodeskRevit Building 8.1RenderingAccuRenderRedistSUPPORT" folder - this is where Autodesk Revit stores it's AccuRender MLIB files) and name the new material library file the same name as it currently uses or any name you want to identify it in the material library lists.

Now you can open the MLIB and assign an AccuRender material to your brick. This is not a hatch pattern. For hatch patterns you must find AutoCAD hatch pattern file with the right size and shape stone or brick pattern you need to assign and display the pattern in the named material dialog box. for Surface Pattern:

To find a hatch pattern file contact the manufacturer, search the web or look for an AutoCAD .PAT file that has a pattern for your specific brick or stone. There are many hatch patterns available on the web for from manufacturers and 3rd party developers for free or sale. Try StoneCAD products for the stone patterns, as to the brick surface hatch pattern look at producers of brick products or contact your local brick suppliers.

Once you find the hatch patterns you want to use place them in an appropriate folder and incorporate them into the Autodesk Revit hatch pattern file (Revit.pat located in the "C:Program FilesAutodesk Revit Building 8.1Data" folder). See the tutorial on creating drafting or modeling hatch patterns for use in Autodesk Revit.

Good Luck in your pursuits

Mel Persin, AIA

harkeychad
2006-02-09, 03:13 PM
Thank you so much. I kind of new what to do, but your explanation is what I was looking for.