PDA

View Full Version : duplicate data

MikeJarosz
2004-04-13, 03:28 PM
I am having a recurring problem with duplicate data. Since I'm new to Revit, I attribute my problem to inexperience. However, I still have to get work done! Anyone know of a way to detect duplicate data in Revit? (especially overlaid walls)

aaronrumple
2004-04-13, 03:56 PM
Walls sitting on top of each other will not display with the bold linework of a typical wall, but with a thin lineweight.

Also Revit will tell you the walls overlap with its warning boxes.

LMSmith
2004-04-13, 04:26 PM
You can use Tools>Review Warnings to show you which walls are overlapping. You can also use this box to delete walls that you don't want. Keep in mind that walls will list under the overlap warning if they overlap just a bit at the bottom or the top (so be careful when deleting walls). View controls are accessible while in the Review Warnings box, so you should be able to see what's going on. Hope this helps.

Phil Palmer
2004-04-14, 07:21 AM
Some form of 'duplicate check' would be very good within Revit.

I have came accross some projects here where users have got instances placed directly on top of each other. This can become a major issue when we schedule the data ??????
It is not apparent that there are 2 instances on top of each other.
All I notice is that the highlighting colour when selected does not appear and thats my Only clue to this.