PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Values in Revit Topo

jhuynh
2006-02-08, 10:48 PM
We run into problems with importing land survey drawings from Autocad into Revit. All the elevation values on the contour lines turn into "Zero" as soon as we imported the DWG. file into Revit. Can you guys point out the problem for us please?

patricks
2006-02-08, 10:53 PM
I bet that AutoCAD file just has the topos drawn as lines without a real elevation. Open the ACAD file and click on a contour line, open its properties and see if it shows a value for the Z-axis. If that is the case you should be able to set the elevation of each contour line in the ACAD file and then import it into Revit to get the correct elevations.

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-08, 10:55 PM
Can not point out this problem for you but I decided to get around it by entering the information in on the dialogue box straight from the surveyors information. Guess what! It told me that it did not form a closed boundary!!! So for now I am not even messing with trying to get it into Revit. I have been asking the surveyor to email the file over and then I modify it as needed (ie. add the house footprint to it)

blads
2006-02-09, 12:43 AM
If you ask the surveyor for the points file in addition to the "flattened" drawing, all the info is there without you having to do any editing.

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-09, 07:38 AM
Ok, I never thought about asking for the points file......
However, if the surveyor is showing N32 4' 6"E (etc. etc.) all the way around and it forms a closed boundary on there plans, one would think that it would form a closed boundary on yours when you enter the exact information, right? Or am I asking too much? ;-)

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-09, 07:56 AM
Here are the values and you can give it a try to see if it will form a closed boundary for you.
N14°22'51"W 75'
N76°12'02"E 128.65'
S24°52'02"E 42.05'
S17°42'08"E 48.03'
S76°41'14"W 139.26'

If this forms a closed loop for you please let me know. Further, this was the first survey I received that did not call out elevations so I was unable to even attempt that. My original post was done at a moment of shear frustration with Revit and did not having anything to do with the original topic. For that matter I apologize for not sticking to the subject of the question. IF the points are there then we CAN import the data as suggested.

Arnel Aguel
2006-02-09, 09:02 AM
Firstly, the topic above concerns about creating Toposurface from imported contour drawings which seems to me doesn't have elevation for each contour that is why its imported flat in Revit.

Your concern is about creating a close boundary out of your property line survey data. Your survey contains erroneous data, try to check that by using your data but instead of using that last bearing line use the ADD LINE TO CLOSE button for the loop there you can find there is discrepancy in your last bearing line.

The last bearing line should read S 82 01 12 W 139.952' in order to create a close loop.

Hope this helps.