PDA

View Full Version : Colored Lights in Render

bcowles
2006-02-09, 05:39 PM
Is there a way to change the color of the light coming from fixtures when you render a scene. I.E. I have a client who would like to see a rendered scene with his lighting displayed correctly, he is using neon signage and I need to know if I can make my lights blue or pink or yellow...etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bry

sbrown
2006-02-09, 06:49 PM
create a lens with a material that is a translucent color.

bcowles
2006-02-09, 09:08 PM
Please elaborate a little more...thanks

sbrown
2006-02-09, 09:37 PM
open the family, create an extrusion in the shape of the lens, create a material that is translucent and the color you want. Set the extrusion to that material, not you can use a material parameter, then the same light can have more than one color.

bcowles
2006-02-09, 10:07 PM
Ok, I get everything except how to make the material translucent. Do I have to edit the accurender texture material, or just the shading properties?

If you could provide an example I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
B

sbrown
2006-02-10, 02:29 AM
yes you modify the accurender material. start with a glass material, say the blue tint, then there is a material pull down, click create new using existing. now edit the base color to be the color you want. Every accurender material has a sliding bar for how transparent it is. adjust that to suit your needs. You can also adjust the self - lumenence I think. I dont have an example to post.

Phil Read
2006-02-10, 06:13 AM
Basically - you need to paramitize the lens color which allows you to alter the family from the project environment. Image attached.

-Phil

bowlingbrad
2006-02-10, 01:28 PM
...paramitize...

Hey Phil, I didn't know you guys at the Factory invent your own words. ;) Should that have a registered trademark symbol next to it? It made me think if a word like that really exists... I found one ->> parameterize.

---please except my constructive sarcasm