PDA

View Full Version : Split Section Problems

gibson.tim91884
2006-02-09, 11:54 PM
Here's a good one. Have a look at the attached file. The good split section is, as it says, good. The bad split section is restricted to a scope box, and all craziness has broken out!

The bad section doesn't show the wall that intersects the split. It shows some casework behind the wall tho'. It also doesn't show things that intersect the scope box.

I'll be sending this to support, but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced (and fixed) this.

eddy.lermytte
2006-02-10, 01:11 PM
Tim

I think you've mirrored the section view.
For what it's worth to fix it instead of redrawing the section.

See attachment A

I drew a hor. Ref. Line in upper part of the section.
Moved the lower part to the left.
Mirrored the section over the Ref. Line. (unchecked copy)
Repositioned the section.

The other way around I've made the good section a bad one (see Rvt AB)

gibson.tim91884
2006-02-10, 03:05 PM
Interesting... So, it seems like there are two things which combine to cause the problem. If a section is mirrored, and uses a scope box, then splitting the section doesn't work. How crazy is that?

gibson.tim91884
2006-02-24, 01:13 PM
Update: this has been submitted to support and passed on to the developers.

mmodernc
2006-02-25, 12:28 PM
I submitted something similar many moons ago and since the project is ongoing the problems are just as traumatic.I thought it had something to do with linked files This segmented section thing is soooo quirky.
I might have a look at the scope box thing as I am using them- but I turned off the scope box in your bad section and it did not make any difference
Will go back to sticking two partial sections together on the sheet or hiding the offending object which is forcing the jog- except that it is part of a linked file and would need to use phasing or worksets.
Life wasn't meant to be easy. (Malcom F.)

gibson.tim91884
2006-02-27, 01:57 PM
I might have a look at the scope box thing as I am using them- but I turned off the scope box in your bad section and it did not make any difference

I noticed this too. It seems like once you assign a scope box to a mirrored split section, it's messed up for good. The workaround is to NEVER mirror a section. Then, so far at least, splitting will always work, even if a scope box is used.