PDA

View Full Version : Printing not centered on sheet

JDagis
2006-02-10, 03:03 PM
I am having trouble centering my plots a sheet. This happens whenever I plot to a pdf, dwf, or directly to a printer. I have tried centering the plot, offsetting from the corner, fit to page, etc. When I preview the print, the drawing is off center. I have never had this problem before. It happens at every sheet size I use including letter, tabloid, ANSI D, and D. What am I missing?

sbrown
2006-02-10, 05:04 PM
did you accidentaly move your titleblock? It is critical that you never move the lower left corner of the titleblock family or when its in the project, that is the 0,0 of the sheet so if you move it, you would need to know how far you moved it so you could set the printer margins to compensate for it.

JDagis
2006-02-10, 05:10 PM
No, I did not move it. In fact, when I preview my drawing, let's say on a D size sheet, it might be a couple inches off the top of the sheet. Then if I close it and preview it again, it will offset toward the bottom of the sheet or to the side. In other words, it seems to float around.

DaveP
2006-02-10, 06:42 PM
You are printing the entire sheet aren't you? I've seen that kind of behavior when you print "Visible portion of Current Window", but if you're doing "Current Window" or "Selected" and you are printing a Sheet (not a View), I'd suspect the printer drivers. Make sure those are up to date.

What kind of printer?

JDagis
2006-02-10, 09:55 PM
I use an HP9800 for my check plots. I set up my sheets at 22x34 and then print 50% sets which works great. But it shouldn't matter, since I usually use the pdf writer for full size sets. I tightened up my crop regions which seems to help but some drawings still seem to be going haywire.

eddy.lermytte
2006-02-10, 11:55 PM
Jdagis

Your troubles sounds familiar.

Maybe this helps
Print > Printer Properties > Advanced > check Small Margins
Check your titleblock Rfa also if there ain't no Ref. Lines, small text or lines outside the sheet.

JDagis
2006-02-11, 04:43 AM
Minimize margins did the trick. Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks.