PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2005

TroyGates
2004-04-14, 04:00 PM
I was watching the webcast from Lynn Allen yesterday titled "Multiply Your Productivity: Insider Tips on How to Do More with AutoCAD Software". During the webcast AutoDesk had a live Q&A chat program running. I took a screenshot of the following. Thought you guys would get a good chuckle out of it.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=2075%20

aaronrumple
2004-04-14, 04:22 PM
Very funny - you should put that in the ADT newsgroup. ;) Sure to get a 'few' comments.

Wes Macaulay
2004-04-18, 02:01 AM
That is a hoot. Kelly Miller is one of the big wigs at Autodesk and handles a lot of the PR for AutoCAD. Good to see he's got a sense of humour.

Phillip Miller
2004-04-18, 05:24 AM
Maybe the Revit development team could take a leaf out of the AutoCAD/ADT team and copy some of the cool stuff from them!!! :)

Wes Macaulay
2004-04-18, 05:38 AM
I have little I'd steal from AutoCAD, but one thing alone does come to mind: flood hatches. Sure you can TAB-select the boundaries, but you often need to use different line styles around the boundary edge if one edge of the filled region is one lineweight and another edge needs to be a different lineweight.

aaronrumple
2004-04-18, 08:10 PM
...no. Better steal the flood fill from Adobe. The Bhatch command never works quite right.

hand471037
2004-04-18, 11:34 PM
I agree, I think the Revit team should crib from Adobe & Macromedia- thier products have wonderful interfaces, toolbar layouts, and the like...

Also I like how both have so elquently incorpirated an API into thier products without the API nightmare that AutoCAD became!

However, I have to admit the crossing window recently incorpirated into Revit from AutoCAD is a great addition. What I'd like to see more than any kind of user interface or feature cribbing from AutoCAD would be to see Revit be able to talk with and export to any CAD program in the market- Inventor, 3DS, IGES, VRML, ect. so that I can take Revit models and export them for rendering or to a CNC mill/3D printer; and bring in any information I find too...