PDA

View Full Version : Partial dim string EQ's

TeamRPM
2004-04-14, 07:43 PM
I think this is one for the wishlist but I wanted to put it here first in case someone knows of a workaround.
Here's my quest, a partially equal dim string. i.e. if there is a wall with window opening and masonry between, can I make the masonry portions of the dim string 'EQ' and the opening parts some other value?

mcuevas
2004-04-14, 08:38 PM
That would be a good feature, especially if you have a string of dimensions that have two equal dimensions at each end. For now what I've done is create a text type, with an opaque background, and write EQ. over the actual dimension text to cover it up. Don't know if that helps....

TeamRPM
2004-04-14, 09:26 PM
yep i've got a few of those situations also. Personally I hate doing messy fixes but when its the only way I guess I'll have to live with it.

gregcashen
2004-04-14, 09:27 PM
I have requested in the past the ability to have project parameters. The idea is that you could dim the door offset distance with a dimension labelled door offset and then if you changes the value in the project, all door locations would update. This could also be used to accomplish what you are talking about.

irwin
2004-04-14, 10:43 PM
I think this is one for the wishlist but I wanted to put it here first in case someone knows of a workaround.
Here's my quest, a partially equal dim string. i.e. if there is a wall with window opening and masonry between, can I make the masonry portions of the dim string 'EQ' and the opening parts some other value?
The short answer is that you can make it display the EQ for the two end segments of the dimension but not the others by setting the "Equality Display" parameter of the dimension; however you can't use this as a constraint to force the two values to be equal. The long answer, including a workaround if the equal segements are not the first and last, is found in this TOPIC (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2347&highlight=dimension)