PDA

View Full Version : Section Lines and Floor Levels - keeping them consistent

corinoco
2004-04-15, 02:41 AM
I am currently working on a 17-storey building, putting together the Development Application drawing set.

Most of the drawings are complete, and I am tidying them up. Of course, it is now that I decide that I don't like the way the section lines appear all the way across my drawing.

Using the nifty squiggle-spilt control, I divided a section line into two segments, and moved the ends so that the section heads are completely clear of the building linework. Great! Change done.... except that it has only changed the section line on that level. The section line remains as it was drawn previously on all other levels.

The attached images show my situation - Level 1.jpg shows my section line split into two seperate halves, Level 2.jpg shows the floor immediately above with the section line in it's original unbroken appearance. While I can see that it is useful to have this level of control over individual annotation's appearance, it would also be nice to make an annotation's appearance consistent across a large number of views.

I am sure there is something very obvious that I am missing here, maybe a setting in the section head family, or maybe there is a way of copying the 'look' of a section annotation from one view to another.

Does anyone know what I am missing, or have a work-around to get it to work the way I want?

Thanks,

Adrian Esdaile

JamesVan
2004-04-15, 01:26 PM
Pretty sure that modifications to the section line itself (much like the Linework tool) is "view-specific". I vaguely recall a past thread about elevation symbols that behave in the way you are asking the section marks to behave. Many see this as a problem because the symbol can vary from plan to plan.

frame
2004-04-18, 04:43 AM
The graphics are view specific, there is no workaround here, except to do the work of editing section in each view. Should not take long.
None the less, point taken and noted.

Nickdp
2004-04-18, 10:09 AM
Graphics are view specific - maybe we could ask for future versions that when you mouse over the section line to pre-highlight it, right click, and there could be an option something like "Propogate graphic changes...".

jwilhelm
2004-04-18, 08:09 PM
I have found that it is crucial to be able to manipulate section lines independently on each level because it is often the case that the depth of a building for example is less on one level than another, no sense in having a long section line that covering blnak space. However in cases where a multi story building does not change on all levels it would be useful to have the option to change them all with one move.

corinoco
2004-04-19, 04:01 AM
I certainly understand, and agree with the importance of being able to have the ability to individually modify the section notations on different view - I use this myself all the time.

However it would be mighty handy to have a "make all annotation views match this one" function. Yes, it doesn't take long to edit one section, but 6 sections x 18 storeys starts to become a very un-Revit-like chore.

Anyway, all seems well, as a Revit developer has taken note! Yippee! That's one of the reasons I love Revit! :D