PDA

View Full Version : One more stair railing question

Wagurto
2006-02-12, 02:51 PM
Please help me witj this railing question?

D.Williams
2006-02-12, 08:01 PM
Is this something along the lines you're looking for?

Instead of using a wall profile for the sides, I made the stringers be quite tall and thick. For this method you'd need to create two stairs, one very thin one, to get the stringers to do different things (follow the stair up or match level height). Then you can attach whatever type of railing you desire. I had to mess around with height offsets of the rails and boundaries within their sketch modes which you can see in the file.

I also saw somewhere around the forums quite some time ago somebody had created a continuous edge condition by using a tall profile as a railing (instead of as a baluster) but I can't find that in my search now. I think it was very similar in the outcome.

Please help me witj this railing question?

tc3dcad60731
2006-02-12, 08:17 PM
Thank you! By reading this post and response I just figured out how to do something with a project that I am working on!!!!!!

SkiSouth
2006-02-12, 09:25 PM
Wagurto,

Hope all is well in your Revit experience. See if this Thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30542&page=1&pp=10&highlight=railing) gives you any ideas.

Wagurto
2006-02-13, 01:34 PM
thanks Dwilliams and skysouth. I need the stringers to extend at the top and the bottom is that possible with your method?